The 2020 KS2 SATs will take place in the week commencing 11th May 2020.
The tests will take place over four days.
Children in Year 6 will take these tests in their normal school classrooms.
SATs papers will be taken in Maths, Reading and SPaG under formal exam conditions.
These papers will be marked externally.
2019 is the fourth year of 'new-style' Year 6 SATs tests under the new national curriculum.
2020 KS2 SATs Dates
- Monday May 11th 2020: Spelling, punctuation and grammar Test- Grammar/Punctuation- 45 minutes
- Monday May 11th 2020: Spelling, punctuation and grammar Test- Spelling- 20 minutes
- Tuesday May 12th 2020: Reading Test- 60 minutes
- Wednesday May 13th 2020: Maths Paper 1 (Arithmetic)- 30 minutes
- Wednesday May 13th 2020: Maths Paper 2 (Reasoning)- 40 minutes
- Thursday May 14th 2020: Maths Paper 3 (Reasoning)- 40 minutes
2020 SATs Results
- If children score 80-89 they are below expected standard
- If children score 90-99 they are working towards expected standard
- If children score 100-109, they have reached the expected standard.
- If children score above 100-120 then they have exceeded the expected standard.
Each school's results will be made available to their headteachers in July 2020 via the NCA tools website.
Every school's performance will be made public in December 2020 to create the 2020 school league tables.
If you are interested in seeing how your child's school performed in the 2020 SATs then look at the Department for Education (DfE) website that maintains up to date and historical school league tables.