THE ETHOS and VALUES
Dr. Radcliffe's Church of England Primary School
Our ethos, as defined in the Instrument of Governance is:
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the church at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve the community by providing education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers all pupils.
Our Christian values are:
Respect Truthfulness Friendship Compassion Forgiveness Trust
Our School aims to create an educational environment in which every individual in the school community is valued and can develop.
As a Church of England school, Christian values underpin our attitudes and actions.
- We have a strong commitment to the spiritual development of each child. There is a daily act of collective worship and a commitment to the teaching of religious education.
- We are an inclusive school, where all children and staff are valued and encouraged to reach their potential, and the needs of each individual are cared for.
- We strive constantly to raise levels of achievement and to be a school where children feel happy and secure, work hard and take an interest in all we offer.
- We aim to help our children develop physical and academic skills and to attain high standards academically. Literacy, numeracy, computing and scientific understanding are valued highly as skills to be acquired.
- We value other forms of self-expression such as art, music and sport.
- We encourage pupils to take pride and pleasure in learning, to develop lively, enquiring minds and to apply themselves to tasks.
- We seek to give all our children levels of self-esteem, confidence and self-discipline, which will enable them to succeed in the next phase of their education and in adult life.
- We treat our children fairly and with respect and seek to develop these qualities in our pupils. All members of the school are valued as part of the team.
- We aim to involve parents in all aspects of school life, including their children’s behaviour and achievements.
- We aim to promote an approachable atmosphere where dialogue between parents, staff and children is valued.
Our school is a focus for the communal life of the village communities which we serve, and we welcome those close links and involvement. Staff, governors, pupils and their families all make a considerable commitment to the school and we hope that the breadth of our pupils' education will provide the foundation for their future in our community.